This position has been filled.
The ideal candidate will be well versed in the current state of the craft brewing industry as well as highly conversant in beer styles and basic brewing methods. They will have excellent verbal and written communication skills, excellent customer service skills, good time management and organizational skills, are accurate and detail-oriented, and follow up on their deliverables and responsibilities. Additionally, they have a track record of successful personnel management and coaching. A business, communications, or marketing degree would be preferred. Particularly competitive candidates will have extensive taproom management experience and/or previous restaurant knowledge.
They will be proactive in identifying issues in the taproom and opportunities to increase customer satisfaction, along with a plan of action for each. They keep management informed of operational issues and progress, and act as a coach to other taproom staff including ensuring accountability.
The Taproom Manager will:
- Hire, schedule and manage employees working in taproom during normal hours and events.
- Oversee cost control and profitability.
- Create and maintain taproom policies and procedures.
- Plan, market, execute, and evaluate the performance of taproom events.
- Manage inventory and ensure replenishment.
- Manage cleanliness, upkeep, appearance, signage, merchandising and seasonal decor in the taproom.
- Manage art gallery intake/return, display, and payment of artists.
- Promote, book, and coordinate customer events at the brewery.
- Collect customer feedback on beer, brewery events, and the taproom environment.
- Serve in taproom when needed.
- Schedule and coordinate on-site events and private parties.
- Help to disseminate information on new products and exciting happenings in the taproom via social media, our website and newsletter and in person.
- Prepare forecasts and monthly and annual budgets.
- Make monthly sales, cash flow, and P&L reports to the owners.
- Organized, self-motivated, accurate and efficient.
- Must be able to lift heavy weights including moving full kegs.
- General computer skills, including Word, Excel and graphic production.
- Able to work weekends and nights.
- Must be TIPS trained within 3 months of starting.
This is a salaried position. Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered.